May 30, 2023
What do you do with the trauma of being bullied and othered? In this episode with Mita Mallick, we discuss:
- The vivid memories of her hair being burned by White boys in high school, and what she’s done to heal that trauma.
- How having one person who is an ally can make a huge difference when you’re...
May 23, 2023
There’s a stereotype that Asian American women are supposed to be quiet and submissive. But that doesn’t have to be the case, and you can set boundaries and live a good life.
In this episode with Christine, we discuss:
- How imposter syndrome is real for Asian Americans and women, and what you can do to let...
May 16, 2023
Did you grow up feeling like you didn’t belong?
And you want to find a sense of community?
In this episode with Ny Derry, we discuss:
- What it means to feel like a “throwaway” because our families are refugees from Laos.
- How our cultural backgrounds make us “workaholics” and how managing so many...
May 9, 2023
Ep. 77: Embracing the intersectionality of our identities, building our dream careers, and creating a culture of inclusion with Jaya Saxena (Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Spencer Stuart)
Did you grow up with multiple identities? And you wondered where you fit in and belonged?
In this episode...
May 2, 2023
Did you grow up with the odds stacked against you? But you didn’t let that stop you from trying to achieve your wildest dreams? In this episode with Lily Chan, we discuss:
- How growing up with refugee parents from Vietnam and Cambodia while being ethnic Chinese in the tenderloin impacts our life and career...